Welcome Aboard..

Welcome Aboard..

Welcome Aboard..

Pacific Royale Airways plans to start commercial operations on March 1 with full-service flights, the president director of the airline said on Wednesday.

Samudra Sukardi said the Jakarta-based airline had invested up to $60 million as it prepares to make its debut.

As much as $40 million has gone to procure 10 aircraft, he said, with another $20 million being spent to buy jet fuel and finance operational activities.

“We will start flying in early March,” Samudra said.

By offering full-service flights, Pacific Royale hopes to be able to challenge the national flag carrier, Garuda Indonesia.

Samudra said he expected the airline would secure a full air operator’s certificate next month, which is required to operate commercial flights.

The carrier is 51 percent owned by Indonesian businesswoman Gunarni Gunawan, with the remaining 49 percent in the hands of an Indian investor, Tarun Trikha.

Regulations require Indonesia-based commercial airlines to be at least 51 percent owned by local investors and to operate at least 10 aircraft, .

Pacific Royale plans to operate five Fokker F-50 turboprops and five Airbus A320-200s. It expects two of the Fokkers and two of the Airbus planes it ordered to arrive between February and April.

The airline has permits to serve 81 routes, 30 percent of them international.

“We have three hubs, Jakarta, Surabaya and Batam,” said Samudra, who in 2002 was in the running to become president director of Garuda Indonesia. “But for international flights we will not fly through Jakarta because it is already too crowded. We will do it from Surabaya and Batam.”

Among the domestic routes it will serve are Jakarta-Surabaya, Surabaya-Banyuwangi and Batam-Natuna.

It has said that it hopes to eventually open routes to India and China.

Rising incomes have helped spur the growth of air travel in Indonesia. The number of domestic air travelers rose to 38.3 million in the first nine months of 2011, while the number of Indonesians flying overseas jumped 15 percent to 8.1 million, according to the Central Statistics Agency (BPS) .

Garuda has said its plans for 2012 include an expansion of its fleet from 88 to 105 aircraft.

Pilih BanggaBangga0%
Pilih SedihSedih0%
Pilih SenangSenang0%
Pilih Tak PeduliTak Peduli0%
Pilih TerinspirasiTerinspirasi0%
Pilih TerpukauTerpukau0%

Artikel ini dibuat oleh Penulis Terverifikasi GNFI, dengan mematuhi aturan menulis di GNFI. Isi artikel ini sepenuhnya menjadi tanggung jawab penulis. Laporkan tulisan.

ITB Fair untuk Indonesia Sebelummnya

ITB Fair untuk Indonesia

Aneka Rujak di Indonesia (Bagian I) Selanjutnya

Aneka Rujak di Indonesia (Bagian I)

Akhyari Hananto
@akhyari

Akhyari Hananto

http://www.goodnewsfromindonesia.org

I began my career in the banking industry in 1997, and stayed approx 6 years in it. This industry boost his knowledge about the economic condition in Indonesia, both macro and micro, and how to understand it. My banking career continued in Yogyakarta when I joined in a program funded by the Asian Development Bank (ADB),as the coordinator for a program aimed to help improve the quality of learning and teaching process in private universities in Yogyakarta. When the earthquake stroke Yogyakarta, I chose to join an international NGO working in the area of ?disaster response and management, which allows me to help rebuild the city, as well as other disaster-stricken area in Indonesia. I went on to become the coordinator for emergency response in the Asia Pacific region. Then I was assigned for 1 year in Cambodia, as a country coordinator mostly to deliver developmental programs (water and sanitation, education, livelihood). In 2009, he continued his career as a protocol and HR officer at the U.S. Consulate General in Surabaya, and two years later I joined the Political and Economic Section until now, where i have to deal with extensive range of people and government officials, as well as private and government institution troughout eastern Indonesia. I am the founder and Editor-in-Chief in Good News From Indonesia (GNFI), a growing and influential social media movement, and was selected as one of The Most Influential Netizen 2011 by The Marketeers magazine. I also wrote a book on "Fundamentals of Disaster Management in 2007"?, "Good News From Indonesia : Beragam Prestasi Anak Bangsa di dunia"? which was luanched in August 2013, and "Indonesia Bersyukur"? which is launched in Sept 2013. In 2014, 3 books were released in which i was one of the writer; "Indonesia Pelangi Dunia"?, "Indonesia The Untold Stories"? and "Growing! Meretas Jalan Kejayaan" I give lectures to students in lectures nationwide, sharing on full range of issues, from economy, to diplomacy

0 Komentar

Beri Komentar

Silakan masuk terlebih dahulu untuk berkomentar memakai akun Anda.